Layer up your favorite traditional dish. Veg biryani that is packed with flavors using National Bombay Biryani Masala!
Ready 25 min
Serving 2-4 People
Total Price From $0.00
- 300 g Basmati rice
- 100 ml Sunflower oil
- 6 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp National Bombay Biryani
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 cm thick pieces
- 100 g fine beans, cut into half
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- Few florets of cauliflower
- 2 tsp rose water
- 10g fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Cook the basmati rice in some boiling water until it is 70 % done, drain and keep it aside to cool while you prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook 4 onions until golden. Remove the cooked onions and keep them aside. Remove some of the oil from the pan and leave 2 tbsp in it.
- To this add the cumin seeds and then the 2 onions and cook for 8 minutes until golden. Next add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute. Now add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- To this add the salt and biryani masala and mix well. Now add all the veg and 150 ml water, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until the veg are almost cooked.
- In a deep pan add 1 tbsp of the leftover onion oil and then add half the veg mixture. Now spread half the cooked rice on top of the veg and half the fried onions.
- Repeat the same and use the other half of the veg and rice. Finish with the fried onions on top and drizzle the rose water on top. Cover with a lid and cook on a really low heat for 15-20 minutes. Let it sit for 10 minutes before taking the lid off.
- Now sprinkle some coriander leaves on top and serve with some raita.