Spicy Fish & Chips
British Fish & Chips are a national treasure and there?s no denying their popularity. It?s made up of fish that is battered with National Fish Mix, fried and then served alongside thick fries
Ready 25 min
Serving 2-4 People
Total Price From $0.00
- National Fish Masala ½ packet
- Red Snapper Fish 500 gms (2 giant pieces)
- Lemon Juice 2 medium sized lemons
- Cooking Oil to deep fry
- Flour 1 cup
- Soda Water ½ chilled ½ can
- Tempura Batter 1 cup
- National Garlic Powder 1 tbsp
- Onion Powder 1 tbsp
- National Salt ½ tbsp
- Frozen Chunky Fries 2 servings
- National Fish Masala ½ to sprinkle on the fries 1 tbsp
- Tartar sauce to serve
For Tartar sauce:
- National Classic Mayo 1 Cup
- Pickled Carrots & Baby Cucumbers ½ finely chopped 4 tbsp
- Pickled Capers ½ chopped 1 tbsp
- Dill ½ chopped 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper ¼ tbsp
- Fresh dill & Lemon Wedges to serve
- Prepare the Tarter Sauce, by combining 1 cup National Classic Mayo, 4 tbsp chopped Cucumbers, 4 tbsp Pickled Carrots finely chopped 4 tbsp, 1 tbsp chopped Pickled Capers, 2 tbsp chopped Dill chopped, 1 tbsp Lemon Juice and ¼ tbsp Freshly Ground National Black Pepper. Mix well and set aside to be served with Fish and Chips later.
- Marinate the fish in 1 tbsp lemon juice and ½ pack National Fish Masala. Set aside for an hour.
- Make a batter by mixing 1cup tempura flour with salt, 1 tbsp National Garlic Powder, 1 tbsp onion powder and 1 glass soda water. Make a consistency just thick enough to cover the fish.
- Now coat the fish in flour, then in the tempura batter and deep fry it for about 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Take it out, serve it with tartar sauce and French fries with some fish masala on the top.