Shahi Kabli Pulao
Fancy a Royal meal? Try this rich and flavorful recipe of Shahi Kabli Pulao made only with National Pulao Mix
Ready 120 min
Serving 2-4 People
Total Price From $0.00
- Mutton Leg 1 ½ kg
- Yogurt 2 cups
- Grinded Green Papaya with Skin 3 tbsp
- Crushed Red Pepper 1 tbsp
- Freshly Grounded Pepper 2 tbsp
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 3 tbsp
- National Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice ½ cup
- Mutton Bones 1 kg
- National Pulao Mix 1 packet
- Rice soaked in water 1 kg
- Ginger 1 medium size
- Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
- Garlic 1 medium size
- National Coriander Seeds 1 tbsp
For Pulao Baghar:
- Golden Brown Onion 2 medium size
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Green Cardamom 3-4
- Black Cumin 1 tbsp
- Green Chilies 3-4 (whole)
- National Salt as per taste
- National Vinegar 2 tbsp
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- Cooking Oil 1 large cup
- Boiled Chickpeas ½ kg
- Soaked Raisins 1 cup
- Shredded Carrots 2 large
- Peeled Almonds 1 cup finely sliced
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder 1 tbsp
- Wash the leg properly, place diagonal cuts on the meat with a sharp knife and don’t forget to break the bone so that it could be placed in a decent size pan easily.
- Marinate leg with 2 cups yogurt, 3 tbsp green papaya, National Salt and 2 tbsp freshly ground pepper. Poke the leg with a fork so that marinade is well absorbed, let the leg rest for at least 1-2 hour.
- Once marinated, place the leg in a deep pan filled with 1 liter of water and let it simmer on slow flame. Once properly cooked and meat is tender, add 1 tbsp Crushed Red Chilli and 1 tbsp Crushed Black Pepper, Ghee and turn the leg properly upside down so that it is cooked properly.
- Once suitably tender and cooked, set it aside. The mutton should be dark brown on top so that its properly cooked and masala is properly coated on it.
- Next to make yakhni ? which is stock, fill deep pan with 1 liter water and add ½ packet of National Polao Mix along with 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 2-3 Garlic Cloves, 2 whole garlic, 1 tbsp fennel seeds and ginger piece. Also, 1 kg mutton bones and let it simmer for at least 45 minutes. Once mutton stock or yakhni is ready, strain the stock in a colander and separate the stock, separate mutton bones and keep stock in a pitcher separately.
- Now in a separate deep pan, heat ½ cup Cooking oil, add 2 tbsp National Ginger Garlic Paste with 5-6 green cardamom and let cooking oil sizzle for a while, and add 3-4 whole green chilies, 2 cups yogurt and keep stirring.
- Now add ½ cup brown onion, ½ kg boiled chickpeas, 1 tbsp National Vinegar and keep stirring.
- Once baghar is ready, add 1 kg rice to the pan and keep stirring so rice doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Now add already prepared stock to the pan with pinch of National Salt (if required) and let rice cook for at least 10-12 minutes.
- You will notice water will be somewhat dried and rice will be cooked.
- Check rice temperature, if you feel they are till undercooked add a cup of water, let it simmer on slow flame for another 2-3 minutes on slow flame. Once rice is cooked, you need to prepare garnishing.
Method for Garnishing:
- Heat pan and add 2 tbsp sugar, sliced carrots, 8-10 almonds, 10-12 raisins along with 1 tbsp cinnamon powder. Stir well and let it simmer for a while till all ingredients are soaked in a mild sugar caramel, just don’t let it burn. This process should not take more than minute max.
- Garnish on polao and mix well. Serve this polao in big rice dish, make space in the center and keep roasted leg in the center, top up the rice dish with sweet garnish, brown onion and decorate it with some gold or silver liners. Delicious Shahi kabli polao is ready to be relished.
- You can serve mutton leg separately as a main dish with some sautéed vegetables and some bread.