Moroccan Tanjia Karahi
National Karahi Gosht Masala adds a burst of joy and energy to your meal. Fall-off-the-bone tender chicken together with a bright flavor from preserved lemons and a savory push of green olives. This recipe creates a magically comforting dish that is full of bright, spring flavors.
Ready 15 min
Serving 2-4 People
Total Price From $0.00
- Tenderloin Beef Cubes 1kg
- National Karahi Gosht Masala 1 packet
- Onion (finely chopped) 1 medium
- Sugar ½ tbsp
- National Cumin Powder 1 tbsp
- Crushed Coriander 1 tbsp
- Tomato Paste 1 large cup
- Ginger Garlic (minced) 2 tbsp
- Beef Stock 1 cup
- Raisins (soaked in hot water and drained) 1 cup
- Green beans (blanched and cut into half) ¼ kg
- Carrots (peeled and blanched cut into strips) 2 large
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Green Chilies (finely chopped) 4-6
- Fresh Coriander (finely chopped) ½ bunch
- Cooking Oil 1 cup
- Heat Cooking Oil in a pan. Add 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste, 1 chopped onion to the pan, stir well and let onion turn light brown. Now add ½ kg beef to the pan, cook beef turning for 3-4 minutes until brown all over. Transfer beef to the plate.
- Now add ½ pack National Karahi Masala, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp of National Cumin Powder, 1 tbsp of crushed coriander with 1 cup beef stock to the pan and stir it well on medium flame till stock vaporizes to half. Now add back beef to the pan and continue stirring.
- At this stage add tomato paste to the pan along with 9-10 raisins, 1 tbsp Lemon juice, 10-12 green beans and carrots. Continue stirring for another 5-6 minutes. Dish is ready to be relished.
- Garnish it with green chilies, remaining half of National Cumin Powder, ground coriander, fresh coriander and green chilies.