Lebanese Pide with beef pepperonis always makes a perfect meal. When served with National sauces, it becomes more tempting and undeniably tasty.
Ready 60 min
Serving 2-4 People
Total Price From $0.00
- Flour 1 cup
- Milk 50 ml
- Water 150 ml
- National Salt 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella Cheese Shredded 1 cup
- Egg 1
- Marinara Sauce 1 cup
- Beef Pepperonis 20
For Spicy sauce:
- National Classic Mayo 4 tbsp
- National Chili Sauce 2 tbsp
- Tabasco Sauce 2 tbsp
- Peri Peri Sauce 2 tbsp
- National Salt ½ tbsp
- To prepare Spicy sauce, mix 2 tbsp National Classic Mayo, 2 tbsp National Chili Sauce, Sauce 2 tbsp Tabasco, 2 tbsp Peri Peri Sauce and ½ tbsp National Salt.
- Make the yeast mixture by dissolving 1 tbsp yeast in ½ cup of lukewarm water. Stir in 1 tbsp sugar and set aside for 5 minutes. It should start to form bubbles.
- Sift 1 cup flour into a mixing bowl, make a well in the middle and pour in the yeast mixture, 50 ml water and 2 tbsp milk. Knead the dough for 10 minutes or until it reaches earlobe softness. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and rest for 30 minutes to let the dough rise.
- Add 1 tbsp National Salt to the dough and knead for 3 minutes. Place the dough on a floured work surface and form it into a cylinder. Then cut it into four equal pieces. Rest for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pick the oregano leaves off the stalk and finely chop, then stir the oregano through the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the dough on the floured work surface and, with floured hands or a rolling pin, flatten it into an oval about 30 x 20 cm (12 x 8 in) wide and 5 mm thick. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Spoon a thick strip of cheese filling into the middle of each oval, leaving a 5 cm gap around the edge. Fold over the two longer edges so they touch the filling but don’t cover it. Join the folded edges at the top and bottom to make a boat shape. Press each end into a point and twist to close tightly.
- Put 2 tbsp marinara sauce in each side. Then, put 2 tbsp spicy sauce on it, put 8 pepperonis on it, and break an egg into the middle.
- If you are using a baking tray, take it out of the oven and put a piece of baking paper over it. Dust the baking paper with a little flour. If you are using a pizza stone or tile, sprinkle a little flour on it. Place the sides on the baking paper (or stone or tile) and brush the tops with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.