Delight in the delectable taste of Iranian cuisine ? the authentic Chullu Kebab, prepared with National Seekh Kabab Masala and infused with saffron. A recipe to leave you wanting for more.
Ready 45 min
Serving 2-4 People
Total Price From $0.00
- Ground Beef 500 gm
- Onion Chopped ½ piece
- National Seekh Kabab Masala 3 tbsp
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Sumac 1 tbsp
- Chopper Green Chilies 2
- Saffron few threads
- Yogurt 1 tbsp
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Tomatoes 4
- Onions 2
- Green Chilies 2
- French Fries to serve
For Butter Rice:
- Basmati Rice 2 cups
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Saffron a few threads
- National Salt to taste
- Dilute a pinch of saffron in ½ cup of boiling water, cover and infuse for 10 minutes.
- Mix the1/2 Kg of ground meat with 3 tbsp chopped Onion, 1 tbsp National Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 tbsp Sumac, 1 tbsp chopped Green Chillies, 3 tbsp National Seekh Kabab Masala, 1 tbsp saffron threads, 1 tbsp yogurt and 1 tbsp Ghee. Finish with 3 tablespoons of infused saffron water and mix well again.
- Place in a covered container in the fridge.
- Make 4 kebabs by pressing the meat well to barbecue skewers. Pinch the meat with your fingers throughout the skewer every inch to give its characteristic shape.
- Pour ½ cup ghee on the grill pan to cook the kebabs. Turn them on all sides to ensure a perfectly even grilling for approximately 10 minutes.
- Slice 1-2 tomatoes, 2-3 green chilies and 1-2 onions and fry in a pan in 1 tbsp ghee and turn regularly. Serve with rice and kebabs and French fries.
For Butter Rice:
- Cook soaked rice for 7 minutes in large amount of salted boiling water. Drain the rice, but do not wash the pot.
- Keep over high heat and add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons water. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula.
- Pour the precooked and drained rice and cook it on steam. Put a dish towel over pot, then cover with pot lid and bring dish towel ends over pot lid.
- Place the rice in a serving dish and remove the crispy rice crust that formed at the bottom of the pot. Dissolve the saffron in 2 tablespoons of boiling water, take a part of the cooked rice and pour the saffron on top.
- Serve the kebabs accompanied with the grilled tomatoes and onions and the rice topped with a few tablespoons of saffron rice.