Chilli Garlic Prawns
For those who love prawns. What?s better than flavors of National Chilli Garlic Sauce to accompany them. Try out our supremely delectable recipe that makes you the juiciest and tastiest prawns you could ever ask for
Ready 15 min
Serving 2-4 People
Total Price From $0.00
- Prawns Large ½ kg
- Salt to taste
- National Corn Flour 1 tbsp dissolved in water
- National Soy Sauce 1 tbsp
- National Black Pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil
Chili Garlic Sauce:
- National Chili Garlic Sauce 2 cups
- Garlic Minced 1 tbsp
- Red Chilies (crushed) 1 tbsp
- Pineapple Juice 1 cup
- National Salt to taste
- Brown Sugar 3 tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar 1 tbsp
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- Cooking Oil ¼ cup
Vegetables and Fruits:
- Green Chilies (sliced from the middle) 8
- Pineapple Cubes 1 cup
- Fried Crispy Garlic (chopped) 1 cup
- In a small bowl mix together 1 cup National Corn Flour, crushed pepper, and National Salt with a cup of water mix well. Add prawns to the marinade and mix well, cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Heat 2 cups of Cooking Oil in a deep wok.
- Fry prawns on medium heat for 5-6 minutes until prawns turn light crispy from outside. Remove with a help of slotted spoon and keep them aside on a brown paper.
Method for Chili garlic sauce:
- Heat 3 tbsp Cooking Oil in a deep pan and chopped National Ginger Garlic Paste, let it simmer on slow flame till turns light brown.
- Add 1 cup National Chili Garlic Sauce, 1 tbsp brown sugar, salt, pepper and mix well on slow flame.
- Add 1 cup Pineapple Cubes and along with 3 tbsp Pineapple juice and stir well.
- In the end add a spoonful of Corn Flour mixed with water and add to the sauce keep stirring.
- Serve prawns in a serving dish, on the side heat sauce and just before switching off the flame add in balsamic vinegar and sliced chilies and stir well and pour steaming hot sauce on fried prawns and top your delicious dish with crispy garlic and some freshly chopped green onion to serve. This dish tastes best with garlic or fried rice.