Achari Daal Chawal
Daal never tasted this great before! Try it out with National Mixed Pickle and treat your taste buds with the ever so delectable flavors
Ready 60 min
Serving 2-4 People
Total Price From $0.00
- Potatoes (boiled and mashed) ½ kg
- Tomatoes (boiled and mashed) ½ kg
- Tamarind or Imli (soak in water and drain from colander) ½ cup
- National Mango Pickle ½ cup
- National Red Chili Powder 1 tbsp
- National Salt to taste
- National Turmeric Powder 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves 8-10
- Water as per requirement
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Cooking Oil 1 cup
- National Cumin Seeds 2 tbsp
- Whole Red Dried Chili 7-8
- Curry Leaves 10-12
- Prepare a mixture of 4-5 boiled and mashed potato and tomatoes and dissolve in ? liter of water. Add 1 tbsp of salt. Keep stirring until completely blended.
- Once blended pour it in a deep pan.
- Add two cups of water so that it is remains liquid.
- Let it simmer on medium flame
- Add 1 tbsp of National Red Chilli Powder and National Turmeric Powder along with ? cup Tamarind juice with 3-4 green chilies and 10-15 curry leaves.
- Add 3 tbsp National Mango Pickle to the broth.
- The broth will be ready once green chilies turn soft that’s a very good indicator to check whether broth is cooked properly or not.
- Switch off the flame once the broth is ready.
- Make a baghar in a pan, heat ? cup cooking oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp National Cumin Seeds, 10-15 curry leaves and 3-4 whole red pepper. Let it simmer on medium to high flame till chillies turn black or dark brown.
- Pour the simmering baghar over broth.
- Enjoy amazing Achari Daal with steamed rice